We are passionate about our mission ‘to protect every child, every school, every day.
As a Product Manager you will be responsible for planning, executing, and leading cross-functional teams to set and meet objectives and key results and deliver well-conceived Vistor and Volunteer Managament products. You will work cross-functionally with executive leadership, sales, customer success, professional services, UI/UX designers and engineers to perform key feasibility studies to discover, validate, design, build and deliver products, features, and enhancements that deliver on the company’s vision and strategy and meet customer needs and end user expectations.
• Collaborate with the Product Management team and stakeholders to understand customer, business and market needs and ensure alignment with product portfolio vision and the portfolio roadmap for our Visitor and Volunteer Management solutions.
• Develop and own the product strategy to increase customer adoption and drive new sales, leveraging a cloud-based, mobile enabled SaaS platform.
• Understand and participate with Product Marketing in determining market needs and direction and competitive market forces.
• Work directly with customers to understand their current needs and leverage these relationships in validating product direction and ideas.
• Interface and engage with our customer success and professional services teams to understand and address faster time to implementation and improved customer experience.
• Evaluate and understand strategic customer and market needs to inform the prioritization of sprint planning and the direction of product roadmaps.
• Utilize Agile best practices to direct Product Owners in the definition and prioritization of customer and internal user requirements, establish a groomed backlog of work for product development.
• Evaluate and understand product usage, data, and analytics to inform product decision making
• Develop and deliver on realistic, aggressive delivery timelines in coordination with product management, development, creative and other stakeholders
• Provide overall product leadership to resolve any impediment across the whole product life cycle for Hosting, Support, Marketing, Training, and Sales which are preventing the achievement of desired outcomes.
• Manage the product life cycle from conception through release, go-to-market, and beyond to ensure adoption and monetization goals are achieved for the customer and Raptor.
• Define and communicate the product vision and roadmap for short-term, mid-term, and long-term time horizons.
• Maintain a high degree of communication across technology, development, support, implementations, sales, and marketing departments in the execution of these goals.
• Develop, present, and execute product plans, partnering strategies, product positioning, white papers, product briefs, sales training, partner training and competitive analysis with Sales and Marketing.
• Four or more years of Software Product Management experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related discipline. Education requirements may be satisfied with commensurate experience
• Strong experience in SaaS and cloud-based products a must
• Strong agile SDLC experience a must (with use of JIRA, Azure DevOps / Team Services, or similar ALM tools)
• Mobile ecosystem and product experience a plus
• Experience in lean, dual-track agile discovery and delivery techniques
• Strong leadership and project management skills
• Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks to successful completion
• Ability to effectively present and interact with executive-level management
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, flexibility and adaptability to change, strong decision-making and critical thinking skills
• Enjoy working in highly active and collaborative cross-functional agile product team environment
• Understanding of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns
• Always accessible and participates proactively and constantly in the team activities
• Strong ownership of your product and ability to lead the team through direct management, peer collaboration, and influencing others to deliver quality solutions in a timely manner
• Participate in and give presentations at conferences and training sessions
Besides being part of the Raptor Pack, we care about each other, making a difference in our communities and achieving a success that is mutual.
Raptor Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.
How did Raptor become the nation’s leading provider of integrated school safety solutions? It started when we had the vision to build the first web-based visitor management system designed specifically for K-12. That system, Raptor Visitor Management, is now trusted to protect more schools than all other K-12 visitor management systems combined. Today, Raptor is trusted by over 35,000 K-12 U.S. schools, representing more than 5,000 districts. Every school day, Raptor screens over 350,000 visitors, flags 75 sex offenders, and alerts schools of 150 child custody issues.
But we didn’t stop there, Raptor has grown into a fully integrated school safety software suite that enables schools to not only screen visitors, but also screen and track volunteers, report on drills, respond to emergencies, and reunite families. Raptor Technologies is setting the standard for school safety by carrying out its mission to protect every child, every school, every day.
Software Powered by iCIMS